"...Children are the most precious part of our lives and the most valuable resource this planet has."
• Every child deserves to be treated with kindness, patience, love and understanding; Children are to be seen, heard and believed.
• A youngster's first eight years have a profound influence on the rest of his/her life and it is imperative that a child develop confidence and self-esteem during these important and formative early years; Attitudes toward health and fitness begin forming in the early years.
• We believe in reaching out to and teaching children and young people the value of physical activity not only in physical education class but in all aspects of life.
• The thrill of accomplishment from achieving a physical task builds self-esteem and confidence that carries over into all aspects of a child's life and into adulthood; Giving immediate, positive reinforcement encourages continuation.
• With encouragement of a positive self-image, children delight in getting to know and control their own bodies; An active and physically fit youngster is a happy, healthy one.
• Youngsters will thrive in a loving and noncompetitive environment where they feel physically and emotionally safe; Fun, variety and excitement are crucial elements in motivating youngsters.
• There are countless lessons to be learned through structured, group physical activity when presented in the proper manner.
• Children learn to listen, to follow directions, to be independent and to cooperate in a group.
• They learn self-control and self-discipline.
• They acquire social skills and learn more about themselves as they interact with one another and the instructor.
• Most important of all, however, is the evolution of child's healthy self-image. A child who feels good about him/herself has a jump-start on the path to becoming a happy, well-adjusted adult!